Important Update for Respondus:
This is a known Blackboard server bug that appears to have begun after a recent SaaS update that Blackboard made. The pop-up messages students are getting appear to be a false positive, as their answers do appear to be getting saved by the LMS server.
To suppress the false-positive Blackboard message students are seeing, students should update to LockDown Browser version 2.0.7.00 or higher. The pop-up message saying that the answer has not been saved will no longer appear after installing this update.
- To upgrade, Windows users can open LockDown Browser, then click the “i” icon in toolbar, then select the "Check for newer version" button. Or they can download and run the full installation program.
- Mac Users can upgrade by opening LockDown Browser, and clicking the "globe" icon in the toolbar....then selecting "check for update."
* Windows: 10, 8, 7
* Mac: MacOS 10.15 to 10.12, OS X 10.11, OSX 10.10
* iOS: 11.0+ (iPad only). Must have a compatible LMS integration. Details<http://support.respondus.com/support/index.php?/default_import/Knowledgebase/Article/View/186/0/can-an-ipad-be-used-with-lockdown-browser>.
Quick Links for Students
* Video about Respondus for Students<https://web.respondus.com/lockdownbrowser-student-video/>
* Quick Start Guide for Students<https://web.respondus.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/RLDB-Quick-Start-Guide-Bb-Student.pdf>
* iPad Instructions for Students<http://support.respondus.com/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/219/0/can-an-ipad-be-used-to-take-a-lockdown-browser-exam-instructions-for-students>
* Download the Respondus Lockdown Browser for ASU Mountain Home<https://download.respondus.com/lockdown/download.php?id=957936032>
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. I am using Respondus LockDown Browser for a test and I am being asked to choose a server. Which one do I choose?
A. Please select "ASU Mountain Home" from the Availably System drop down list.
Q. I am trying to take a Respondus Test and it is asking me for a password?
A. Please check which browser you are using. If the test requires Respondus LockDown Browser, you must use that browser to access Blackboard to take your test. The Respondus LockDown Browser will enter the password for you.
Q. Can an iPad be used with LockDown Browser?
A. The iPad Edition of "LockDown Browser" (available from iTunes<https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lockdown-browser/id659101775?mt=8>) enables a student to use an iPad to take exams that require LockDown Browser. However, the instructor must select the appropriate setting for each exam to permit students to use an iPad.
Technical support for Respondus Lockdown Browser is provided by Respondus and is available online using the following links
* Knowledge Base<http://www.respondus.com/esupport/?_a=knowledgebase>
* Respondus Support - Create a Ticket <https://support.respondus.com/support/index.php?/Default/Tickets/Submit/RenderForm/2>